Sunday, July 19, 2009

ATG GUN & A WAY TO HANG THEM....

This is my new ATG and I decided prior to it arriving that I would like to find a way of hanging it, so to keep it out of the way when not in use.

Well the thought I had of making two holes in the lower handle turn out fantastic. I had hoped the plastic was sturdy enough and it was.



I used the tip of my craft knife in a little indent I found at the bottom on both sides. I then just swiveled my knife around quite a few times ( you will get some plastic shavings). When I was happy with the size of the hole, I repeated on the other side.

If for some reason you don't have these "indents", you could always measure and draw a dot either side with a marker. I then threaded a large needle with crotchet cotton (double) and threaded through the two holes and tied in a knot.


Here it my ATG gun hanging under my craft table on a plastic coated cuphook, which has been "pulled" open a bit so it's not quite as much of a "hook" and it makes it so easy to get the "gun" on and off quickly.

I really hope this little idea helps anyone reading and as it uses "thread/string" you probably have it is incredibly CHEAP.....meaning more money for craft stuff!!!

PLEASE PLEASE leave a comment if you could.......would be so nice to know this will help others out there :)

5 comments:

  1. That is a fantastic idea!! I will have to try it out. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea. I don't have an ATG yet, but I was wondering where would I have a place to let it lie around here...so this is a great idea to get it up off the table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever! Thanks for sharing your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever! I have a bucket hanging under my craftable with the same kind of hook, I use it to hold my spray bottle, towel, and stamp cleaning stuff. If I ever get an atg I will try this

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! Maybe mine wouldn't disappear so often under the other supplies. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...